Monday, May 4, 2015

My Endless Night!


     As I write this I am so tired. It is now 10:30 on a Monday night. I am supposed to be in bed fast asleep, like my lucky husband. Sadly though I am wide awake with a very hyper 1 ½ year old… Or as wide awake as a 25 week along, sleep deprived, in pain pregnant mom can be. I have to stop every few seconds to check on the well being of my cats whom are being endlessly chased by my wide awake monkey. 
    Her usual bedtime is 8 pm. She had a late nap so we put her down at 8:30 instead of 8 tonight. She did her usual cry for a few minutes, play in her crib for half an hour and when she was tired of playing in the dark (she has a small night light so it’s not completely dark in her room) she decided to cry some more. We let her cry for an hour at the most. 9:30 rolled around and she was still awake so we went in to let her know we are still here and she’s ok. We gave her a little sip of water, checked to make sure she was ok, see if she needed a diaper change and then after kissing her again said goodnight. She cried again for another half hour. 
   Now at this point I am ready for bed. I have had a shower, brushed my teeth, cleaned the living room of toys and miscellaneous items and was about to hop into bed and enjoy a nice cozy, comfy night of sleep.  I checked the baby monitor to see if our little monkey had dozed off to dream land yet but was thoroughly dismayed when I heard her crying. 
AAAAGGGGHHHH!!!! 
I guess my warm cozy bed will have to wait. When asking my hyperactive child why she was still awake she promptly began to meow. She meowed several times and as silly as the sound was, her facial expressions were even funnier. I couldn’t help but laugh. Sadly this was all she needed to begin her rampage of terror on the once cleaned living room and kitties who unfortunately thought they were safe for the night. She is now running around throwing her toys, terrorizing my poor cats, jibber jabbing nonsense and reeking havoc on my couch. Sigh* I guess this mama is going to be up for a while. I hope you all have a better nights sleep than what it would seem I am going to get.