Monday, July 21, 2014

Crocheting!


My Grandmother was a great seamstress, quilter, and loved to crochete and knitt. I however, am not. After being laid off from my job, I found myself with nothing to do. I had all this time on my hands and I needed something to fill it with. There are only so many times you can clean the house in a week right?! So I decided to try and follow in my grandmas footsteps by taking up crocheting. I purchased some crocheting tools, a beginners pattern book and some yarn. Little did I know I had gotten in way over my head. I asked a neighbor for help and after showing me a simple stitch I began my blanket. Well, it turned out to be a cat toy instead. My edging was way off, it took me forever to get even an inch of blanket crocheted, and my yarn kept snagging which caused it to fray like crazy. I decided youtube was my best friend after that. I figured out what I was doing wrong and took it from there. It's amazing how easy something is when you'r doing it right! I have learned much from YouTube since then and for Christmas this year I made four blankets. My family loved these and were shocked that I was actually able to make something (seeing as most of my attempts to make things whether baking or sewing have all been fails!).  I hope to post more pictures of any other blankets or crocheted items I make in the future.