Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Things I never thought I'd have to say to my children



Having children is such a wonderful and fulfilling feeling. Yes stressful at times but well worth it. When I think of children I usually think of all the positive things I would say to them. Phrases such as "well done", " you're such a smart little girl", or "oh that picture you drew is beautiful". Things, however, change when you become a parent. I've surprised myself with some of the things I have had to say while scolding my kids. These scoldings, though hilarious now, were definitely not funny at the time. I decided to list just a few phrases I have had to use on my kiddos in the hopes that you might get a chuckle out it. These are just a few of the many I have stored away.

1.) We don't eat cat food
2.) Mommies pads are not stickers
3.) The stuff in the trash cans are not toys
4.) Stop licking my feet
5.) Don't eat your clothes
6.) Your sissy is not a horsey
7.) Stop squawking like a bird
8.) We don't paint with our poop!
9.) We don't eat our poop! That's disgusting!
10.) Stop biting my toes
11.) Your daddy is not a trampoline
12.) Your sissy is not a dog, we don't feed her the food you refuse to eat
13.) Stop growling at me
14.) Don't spit your food at me
15.) Stop stripping

But... Just when I think I have had to scold for weird things, I end up being rewarded by one of her cute shenanigans. I told her the other day that my head hurt and she instantly folds her hands together and says "I pray for mommies head, Amen".  Just when I think my two year old is a complete brat, she goes and surprises me by being a sweetheart. 

I hope these made your day a little brighter. I will be posting more in a few weeks. If you liked this post and would love to see more, please subscribe to my blog to receive future posts.